Executive Search Announcement | Executive Director – NC Dental Society FoundationMarch 2018
PMA Consulting is leading the search for the next Executive Director of the North Carolina Dental Society Foundation. Please read the description below and forward the post to any qualified candidates.
Location: Cary, NC
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Executive Director (ED), in partnership with the Board of Directors, defines the success of the North Carolina Dental Society Foundation (NCDSF). NCDSF seeks an experienced, inspirational ED with nonprofit leadership, fund development, and volunteer management skills. The ED has overall responsibility for planning, executing, and monitoring all aspects of the Foundation's strategic, operational, programmatic, and grant-making functions. Expectations for the ED include the ability to:
- Plan and implement programmatic and philanthropic initiatives
- Develop and manage all elements of an effective strategic and business plan that support priorities
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with the NC Dental Society (NCDS) leadership and staff, ensuring that the NCDSF remains aligned with NCDS strategic goals.
- Lead NCDS staff, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders to fulfill the mission.
Organization and Mission
The North Carolina Dental Society Foundation (NCDSF) was launched in 2017 as the charitable arm of the North Carolina Dental Society (NCDS). The mission of NCDSF is to promote the oral health of the citizens of North Carolina and the art and science of dentistry. NCDSF accomplishes its mission through 1) providing signature programs including NC Missions of Mercy, Give Kids A Smile, and Donated Dental Services to serve the oral health needs of NC citizens, and 2) awarding grants to other organizations and programs aligned with the NCDSF mission. The NCDSF is a 501(c)(3) public charity based in Cary, NC.
- Formulate strategic and annual plans for the Board's approval to achieve the Foundation's mission, strategy, annual goals, and objectives
- Provide visionary direction and strategic implementation of NCDSF plans, programs, and operations
- Represent NCDSF across the state as its key ambassador who reflects and enhances the Foundation's profile
- Serve as the primary liaison to key funders, partners, and constituencies
- Maintain a working knowledge of and be conversational about developments and trends in the field
Fund Development and Marketing
- In collaboration with the Board, ensure adequate funds are available to carry out the NCDSF mission
- Lead the creation, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive fundraising plan that inspires investment from individual donors, foundations, the business community, and government agencies
- Personally and actively engage in key cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications; work closely with the NCDS and other partners to maximize public relations and marketing of the Foundation
Financial Oversight & Operations
- Work with Treasurer and appropriate NCDS staff to develop, oversee, and execute a business model and annual budget that meets organizational priorities and annual goals as determined with the Board
- In collaboration with NCDS staff, direct and manage all NCDSF fiscal activities and requirements (budgeting, risk management, fund development, audit, etc.)
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and organized administrative and financial records
- Support oversight of banking, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- As the Foundation grows, oversee the recruitment, employment, development, evaluation, and when necessary, release of NCDSF personnel.
Board of Directors, Members, Volunteers
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build Board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations
- Cultivate relationships with NCDS members; encourage and coordinate active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the Foundation's work
- Work with the Board Chair to prepare for and lead board meetings and strategic planning sessions to maximize efficiency and engagement
- Assist board members in year-round board recruitment and onboarding processes
- Minimum four-year college degree required
- Proven experience in leading high-performance teams, fund development, marketing/public relations, financial management, and program planning and operations.
- Demonstrated success working with a Board of Directors.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship building skills; high-energy, proactive, self-starting individual with the disposition to lead a team and grow an organization.
- Team player who will be a constructive and collegial partner to board, staff, members, and external stakeholders.
- May include regular travel.
All inquiries, nominations, and applications are to be directed via email to PMA Consulting: email@example.com.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Please indicate in the subject of your email the position and organization to which you are applying and where you learned of the opportunity. NCDSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions at NCDSF are made without regard to race, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. NCDSF encourages all qualified candidates to apply. No phone calls please. Note that only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted.