Personal Branding for the Nonprofit Professional (Yvonne Levine)January 2020
What is Personal Branding, and why is it important for you as a nonprofit professional? That's exactly what Yvonne Levine and I discussed in episode #15 of the Path. Yvonne's great coaching and consulting experience with different organizations - and their senior leaders - provides many useful take-aways for current and aspiring nonprofit leaders who want to engage in genuine activities to build their positive brand. Among other things, we talk about when to begin crafting your personal brand, and the many things to consider beyond just your resume. In addition to the digital elements of your brand, her advice certainly addresses the chances you'll have to make presentations and speeches, and how to best maximize those opportunities.
Yvonne is the president and chief marketing consultant of YGL Enterprises, Inc. and is a results-driven marketer with over 25 years of experience in assisting professional services organizations, small and mid-sized businesses, and other community-related organizations in the development and execution of successful marketing strategies. Her strengths include strategic planning, branding, content development, community partnerships, creative agency and vendor management, client surveys and focus groups, marketing communications, social media, project management, and corporate sponsorships. Additionally, Yvonne believes in giving back to her community, where she has served on numerous boards and committees, including Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, the Carolina Raptor Center, GenerationNation, the Mecklenburg Livable Communities Initiative, and the Mecklenburg County Bar's Lawyer Referral Service Committee. She is a graduate of Leadership Charlotte, Class 31, and a committed volunteer for the Charlotte Humane Society.
EPISODE TOPICS & RESOURCES
- Great resources and writing at Yvonne's Blog
- "A personal brand is a person's perception of another person, primarily in a business context."
- "Whether you're a nonprofit or corporate leader, understanding your brand and what you have to offer greatly impacts your influence over others."
- Molly Barker, Girls on the Run
- "With the vastness of reach of social media today, you can't ignore that you have to take control of your brand early on."
- "There's a fundamental difference between bragging and clearly articulating one's unique strength."
- Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People